Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Timing Is Everything

Tiered gardens + 50 year old brickwork + incessant summer rain = a bloody complicated insurance claim.

Collapsed wall

Not the sight I was expecting to see as I investigated a mysterious crashing noise in my garden this afternoon.

Fortunately E was at nursery, so there was no risk to life or limb.

The wall between the properties is commonly owned by the various properties it divides. The visible damage extends across the boundaries of six properties, two of whom are already in dispute.

I suspect the actual area of repair will cover even more. Each with their own insurance cover.

This could get messy!

2 comments:

Michael Reid said...

Bloody hell?!
What happened?

Div said...

Too much rain and the retaining wall just collapsed.

I'll post more once I've spoken to the surveyor from the insurers.