Monday, August 01, 2005

July Summary

I'm trying to keep in the good habit of posting a monthly progress report, but for this month only it will need to be a micro post.

On the poker front, my activities were mostly confined to reading, with some experimentation on the Omaha and Stud Hi/Lo micro limit tables.

I posted a small profit, but nothing worth writing about. Another book review will follow shortly.

My other poker activity has been an ongoing effort to datamine the Party 3/6 10-handed Hold Em tables, as I want to step up from 2/4 when I get more time to play.

Watching the games, they certainly look beatable. Here's hoping some of the sharks will have swum over to the 6-handed games.

I created a fresh Poker Tracker database and have been monitoring as many tables as I can manage. Hopefully this will bear fruit when I get to sit down at the table.

Other slightly poker related news is that my laptop died a horrible death yesterday.

I think the CPU is frazzled. So an unwelcome, and probably expensive, visit to dell.co.uk beckons. Stay away from Compaq Presarios!

Better news on the poker front is that Glasgow now has a dedicated card room - The Cincinnati Club.

I managed a quick visit last weekend and it looks great. They run nightly tourneys so I need to get along and play as soon as circumstances allow.

Circumstances, of course, meaning the most important July subject, Baby Div.

From being a little underweight at birth, she is coming on in leaps and bounds, and is doing great.

She already has her own strong personality, and isn't slow to express it!

Despite the sleepless nights, feeding demands, tears, tantrums and general upheaval, we are having a great time.

I've always been fond of the movie Grosse Pointe Blank, and large parts of this month seem to have consisted of re-enactments of the scene with John Cusack and baby at the reunion ball.

Me, mesmerised, sitting staring at baby Div, totally engrossed in her every move, oblivious to the rest of the world.

I don't remember John Cusack on nappy changing duties though.

No comments: