Monday, October 23, 2006

I Can Dodge Bullets, Baby

I'm taking a break for a couple of days after yet another evening of frustration on Sunday.

If you are running bad, you are running bad. Not much that can be said about it really.

Hopefully I'll make time for a couple of visits to the gym and be back fresh and ready for the weekend.

In the meantime, I simply must pimp another Tribeca skin which is offering a 105% sign-up bonus to a maximum of $1000 deposit.

Celtic Poker Room is the online poker site for Celtic Football Club.

Even if you don't intend signing up, I'd recommend clicking on the link just to see the advert on the front page featuring Celtic LEGEND Billy McNeill. It's not to everyone's taste, but I thought it was funny.

You never know, some of his money could soon be yours.


Finally, hand histories on this blog are like buses. You wait ages for one, then along come two in quick succession.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Qc, Qs.

1 fold, Hero raises, (Got Too Clever) calls, 5 folds, (Fairly Solid) calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9h, Td, 6c (3 players)

Fairly Solid checks, Hero bets, Got Too Clever raises, Fairly Solid calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9c (3 players)

Fairly Solid checks, Hero checks, Got Too Clever bets, Fairly Solid raises, Hero folds, Got Too Clever 3-bets, Fairly Solid calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 8h (2 players)

Fairly Solid bets, Got Too Clever calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty typical of my luck recently - running QQ into AA - but it shows the perils of trying to get too smart in this game. I also take solace from the fact I got away from it about as cheaply as possible.

If Got Too Clever had 3-bet me pre-flop I doubt the BB would have called, and I'd probably have paid him off on that board.

Instead he lets the reasonably decent BB in for 11/2 odds and puts himself in trouble on a nasty flop.

Of course it's the nature of online poker that we never know precisely what would have happened, since the Random Number Generator threw down a different flop to that which a 3-bet would have elicited.

That's the beauty of the game, and that's why I'll be back at the weekend.

No comments: