Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Party Time

Ten days since my last post. I'm being a lazy monkey!

Sadly there's not much to report on the poker playing front. The Tribeca migration has killed the action on Doyles Room, so I've been pottering around on Stars in my limited spare time.

Yet I still managed to turn a profit from poker, albeit from more conventional sources.

A few years ago I was looking at the stock market and noticed that shares in Stagecoach had been absolutely hammered after they cocked up a big US acquisition.

It seemed to me the market had grossly over reacted as their core business was sound, and they had a good recovery plan in place.

I didn't have the courage of my convictions, and the shares which were trading at something stupid like 20p are now closer to 200p. Ho hum.

A similar thought came into my head when I was looking at Partygaming shares a few weeks back. This time I had a small tickle at 28p.

In a few weeks they have rollercoastered their way to 45p so it's looking promising so far. Of course it's not a profit until I sell, but I fancy leaving them tucked away for a while in the hope of better things to come.

No comments: