Saturday, March 18, 2006

Bashing My Head In

Just about to head for the Blonde Bash.

Been up since 6.30am with the baby, and the bash will probably go on til that time tomorrow so it's shaping up as an endurance test.

I'm hyping myself up with some Arctic Monkeys at present. That's going out music for sure.

So why not make this a quickie in my extremely erratic 'Music To Play Poker By' series?

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

The first time I heard this song it just blew me away. Great tune, smart lyrics, humour, I love it. There's bits of The Wedding Present, Fall, Half-Man Half-Biscuit, in there, but it still sounds fresh and dynamic.

If you've just lost to a 3%er on the river, slap this on, jump around the room for 3 minutes, and you will be sat back down with a big smile on your face and entirely untilted.

Baby Div loves it too. You haven't lived til you've seen an 8-month baby pogo in her hop-and-pop!

No comments: