Tuesday, August 01, 2006

July Summary

Posting volume is diminishing recently, so I'm forcing myself to rattle off the monthly update in good time as compensation.

In results terms, July was one of my better months of the year. Though I'm getting nowhere near the earn rate I'd initially aimed for at the start of the year.

The big bonus this month was the launch of PokerStars resizeable tables. For those of us forced to scrape by with 15" monitors, multitabling is not a joyful experience, but four tables on Stars is now easily achievable.

This prompted me to launch back into the SNG world with gusto. Initially at the $10 buy-in, and now cruising along in the $20 games. My results were pretty good, especially as I've been working on my game - playing more hands, and picking my moments for less orthodox plays. Fun times.

In the last week or so, I moved back into the world of cash No Limit Hold Em, which is something I've been away from for quite a while.

Given my lack of match practice, and ongoing experimentation with new strategies, I've been playing at very low limits.

Despite a few setbacks, and some enforced adjustments to my new strategy, I'm in the black, and learning more every day.

I don't want to say to much now as - calm yourselves! - I've got a strategy post of sorts fermenting in my mind.

In summary then. I won, I had fun, and it was damn hot in Scotland.

Oh, and Celtic won their first game of the new season in style. Must get back to commenting on football at some stage...

No comments: