Sunday, September 09, 2007

Mood: Improving

Not hungover today. Had more civilised - though almost pointless - conversation with lady from Setanta. Bought almost complete outfit for upcoming wedding of sister-in-law.

One the poker front. Won a little last night, in one of the craziest games I've seen in a long time, and....booked first part of Vegas trip. Staying midweek at MGM Grand. Yes, the same MGM Grand of which All Vegas Poker wrote:

As far as overall poker room quality goes, the MGM easily earns a (5) in my book. In fact, the MGM poker room sets the standard for how a poker room in Vegas should look and feel.

I found a deal on Fat Wallet that looked so good, it just couldn't be true. I showed it to K, who told me I MUST book it.

With great trepidation I filled in my details. Expecting, at every click, some spurious error to impede my reservation. There were none.

For $69 per night, plus taxes, I'm booked into a Grand Tower Room.

Or to put it another way. Three nights, total cost $225. But since the deal also includes $25 bar and restaurant credit, and two free drinks in the West Wing lounge, the effective cost is actually sub-$200.

Insane. I couldn't get a decent B&B in the UK for that price.

For anyone interested, click here to link to the deal.

If I get any more excited, I may need tissues.

Now all I need to do is find somewhere to stay at the weekend, and book flights.

No comments: