Saturday, January 08, 2005

The Storm Before The Storm

It's a British cliche to talk about the weather, but tonight I can't resist it. What the heck is going on!? We've had torrential rain all week with winds straight out of a Hollywood disaster movie. Our home is an old-ish brick and slate structure, but it's been difficult to sleep as the entire house vibrates in the wind. Driving home from work was a real battle. The little tin can I drive was all over the place.

I'm not sure what impact the weather will have on the big game tomorrow. Last year I'd have said it favoured Celtic with their more physically imposing players. Now, I'm not so sure. Rangers have toughened up a lot.

Neither team is playing well, but I'm hoping home advantage will do it for us. It could be a real battle if the wind and rain don't relent, and the crowd will have a part to play.

I'd be loathe to predict a score, but I can confidently state that Hugh Dallas will be an arse, and will be brown nosed by the entire Scottish media no matter what he does. The man revels in controversy, and of course so do the tabloids. So they have a mutually beneficial relationship.

No comments: