Thursday, February 10, 2005

Call The Cops

Just caught some of The Brit Awards 2005 on TV.

What genius decided to have BROTHER and SISTER Daniel and Natasha Bedingfield singing the old Chaka Khan hit 'Aint Nobody'?

'And first you put your arms around me
Then you put your charms around me
I can't resist this sweet surrender
Oh my nights are warm and tender'

Isn't that illegal in this country?



Deeply Disturbing!!! Posted by Hello





On the poker front, I had a diabolical night on Tuesday. Terrible cards, a few bad beats, and total frustration.

Highpoint was being dealt KK two hands in a row.

Lowpoint was 2nd KK being up against AA. Expensive!

I do think reading Small Stakes Hold Em has improved my low limit game, but in my limited experience some of the advice is more relevant to Party Poker than it is to other sites.

I cost myself a few dollars calling bets on the river when I was more-or-less certain I was beat. That is probably the sensible thing to do on Party where you get guys betting or raising with top pair or trips on the river when there's a possible flush on the board, but players on other sites tend to be a bit tighter and more selective. That's one aspect I'll be keeping tabs on from now on.

No comments: