Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Happiness Is...

Happiness Is: Getting 4 bets in pre-flop with AA v KTs
Despair Is: K on flop, T on turn

Happiness Is: Raising QQ into a shoal of limpers and hitting a set on the turn
Despair Is: T4s making a straight on the river

Happiness Is: Raising JJ into another shoal of limpers
Despair Is: Not this time! Sometimes the best starting hand actually wins.

Last night was super annoying.

Not least because much as I lost again due almost entirely to big hands not holding up, I couldn't really complain about the draws that hit.

Although what the guy who 3-bet my pre-flop raise with KTs from the SB was thinking, I do not know. There were already about four limpers so it was hardly likely to be a button steal. Damn, that was a big pot to lose.

Really though, I'm still feeling pretty optimistic. I played better last night than I did on Saturday, and the tables seem as good on a school night as they do on a weekend.

All I need is a little bit of statistical balance to be restored and it will be all systems go.

Like Robert the Bruce's spider, I'll just need to try, try, and try again.

No comments: